Philanthropy has long been part of the Bloxham story. Our bursary and hardship funds, along with much of our campus owe a great deal to the generosity of our well-wishers. So much has been made possible by the generosity of Old Bloxhamists, parents, grant-making trusts and others whose support has ensured that the spirit of Bloxham lives on. We are deeply grateful to them all.
Today our fundraising activities support a range of causes and we aim to offer something for everyone. Our priority, however, is fundraising for accessibility – to enable as many children as possible, irrespective of their background, to benefit from a Bloxham education. Single gifts, regular gifts and legacy gifts are all most welcome and for many donors they can be highly tax-efficient. Please click on the links below to find out more about what type of gift you could make and what it could support.
For more information or for a confidential discussion please contact the Development Office at [email protected] or 01295 232040.
Giving to Bloxham
Accessibility - a gift of a Bloxham education
For many pupils, a Bloxham education can be life-changing – transformational – and we want to ensure that more pupils can benefit from Bloxham, irrespective of financial background. Today, gifts to support bursaries and accessibility can provide:
- much needed funds to help pupils who would benefit from attending Bloxham and bring great qualities to the School, but whose families cannot afford the full fees;
- funds to provide bursary pupils with financial support above and beyond fees for essential items such as uniform, trips, additional lessons; and,
- assistance with School fees for current pupils whose family experience unexpected financial challenges through no fault of their own, thus ensuring that no child has to leave Bloxham due to an ‘unfair blow’ to their circumstances.
Buildings - a gift to the entire school
Gifts may be used for the purposes of providing future buildings and facilities, or restoring historic School buildings, thus providing an enduring gift for many generations of Bloxhamists. The Egerton Library, the Memorial Arch and the Dewey Sports Centre are all wonderful examples of how gifts can contribute to the benefit of many thousands of pupils:
- First class facilities not only support exceptional teaching but also ensure that the School is competitive and attracts first class staff as well as bright, ambitious pupils; and,
- Historic buildings are the beating heart of the School and their long-term maintenance and ongoing upkeep help to maintain tradition and ensure that the Spirit of Bloxham thrives.
The donor map provides an overview of the buildings on the campus that been supported by generous donors. All are wonderful examples of how gifts can contribute to the benefit of many thousands of pupils.
Academic Endeavour - a gift to the wider community
Supporting Bloxham’s delivery of a passion for learning and a balanced curriculum, gifts used to support the curriculum will enable the School to maintain its first-class teaching and to introduce new subjects, teach new skills and deliver wide experiences.
The Pittaway Music Fund is a wonderful example of how a gift (in the memory of OB Michael Pittaway, donated by his family) can enhance the academic provision of Bloxham, in this case in music, while also helping bursary pupils. The School worked with Michael’s family to create a programme that reflected his love of music and helped to develop a life-long love of music in many Bloxhamists.
A Restricted Gift – Your Personal Gift
If you would prefer your gift to be applied to a specific purpose, please contact the Development Office to discuss so that the full details and implications can be considered and agreed.
An Unrestricted Gift – The Most Flexible Gift
While the inclination to provide a gift for a specific purpose is understood, gifts which are made on an unconditional (unrestricted) basis are valued highly by the School as they provide flexibility to address the needs, as yet unknown, at the time of receipt.