Airport Transfers to and from Bloxham School
Minibus Airport Transfers to London Heathrow
Bloxham School offers airport transfers to London Heathrow on the last day of each term and on the day before the first day of term. The cost of this service is included in the overseas students’ fees.
Transfers to and from other airports can be arranged with taxis - however, these will incur an additional fee. Alternatively, there are frequent independent airport transfer bus or train services to and from all London airports.
Minibuses depart school at the times and dates stated below. This has been put in place to allow parents to book flights in advance and reduce waiting times at the airport.
If your flight is booked outside the times listed below, or from an airport other than London Heathrow, an alternative arrangement such as coach, train or taxi may be required and will need to be booked directly by parents or guardians. Please use these helpful links: National Express coaches & Train line.
On the day before the first day of term (the day boarders are due to return), the school will arrange to collect students at the five Heathrow Terminals. The students are required to contact the driver on landing to confirm the pick-up location. Should an incoming flight be delayed, holding the departure of the school minibus or arranging a taxi will be considered.
Depending on the airline and the age of the child traveling, your child may qualify as an unaccompanied minor. It is the parent's responsibility to complete the relevant paperwork for the airline and forward this to the child's Housemaster well in advance of the date of travel.
N.B. Due to airport security our drivers are unable to leave the minibus to escort or meet your child in the terminal.
Please ensure that both outgoing and return flight information, including your child's contact mobile number for the return journey, is sent to the Transport Manager ([email protected]) and your child's Housemaster/mistress at least seven days before the holiday starts (see information required below).
Should your child require airport transport, please fill in this online form. Minibus transfer information, timings, name of the driver and their contact number will be distributed to the students, parents and Housemasters prior to the holidays.
Due to the limited number of seats in our minibuses, student baggage is restricted to 1 x average size suitcase and 1 x hand baggage per person. If exceeded, baggage could be left at the airport or school in order to allow students on the minibus.
Minibus departure timings for the academic year of 2019/20:
Please note that an additional two hours (required for check-in) has been added to the timings.
Lent Term 2020
- Friday 14th February: minibus 1 departs 11:00, arrives LHR 12:30 for flights from 14:30 onwards
- Friday 14th February: minibus 2 departs 13:00, arrives LHR 14:30 for flights from 16:30 onwards
- Sunday 23rd February: collection from LHR 17:00-18:00 & 19:00-20:00
End of Term
- Saturday 28th March: minibus 1 departs 11:00, arrives LHR 13:00 for flights 15:00 onwards
- Saturday 28th March: minibus 2 departs 12:00, arrives LHR 14:00 for flights 16:00 onwards
Summer Term 2020
Start of Term
- Monday 20th April: Collection from LHR 17:00-18:00 & 19:00-20:00
- Friday 22rd May: minibus 1 departs 11:00, arrives LHR 13:00 for flights 15:00 onwards
- Friday 22nd May: minibus 2 departs 12:00, arrives LHR 14:00 for flights 16:00 onwards
- Sunday 31st May: collection from LHR 17:00-18:00 & 19:00-20:00
End of Term
- Wednesday 1st July: minibus 1 departs 11:00, arrives LHR 13:00 for flights 15:00 onwards
- Wednesday 1st July: minibus 2 departs 12:00, arrives LHR 14:00 for flights 16:00 onwards
Should your child require airport transfers, please fill in this online form.