Mr Harvey’s Virtual Family Feed Club
A virtual club that our students (and their families) are now eagerly anticipating each week is Mr Harvey’s Family Feed!
Starting at 4:50pm, the students cook alongside Mr Harvey via Teams and prepare a delicious meal, with the hour-long club finishing just in time to serve dinner! Mr Harvey’s Family Feed is a great cross between technology, culinary skill and quality family time.
Last week the students prepared Pan Fried Salmon. Parents of student, Harley, had this to say about his meal, “The family feed lesson was absolutely fantastic. The meal was also absolutely scrumptious and we all thoroughly enjoyed Harley’s dish.”
Want to try out this fabulous dish for yourself? Here are Mr Harvey’s instructions to make your own Pan Fried Salmon. Don’t have all the ingredients? You can substitute ingredients and make the dish your own.
- Season with salt and pepper and lemon zest. Cook the salmon skin side down for 4 minutes and then turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Boil new season new potatoes in boiling salted water.
- Meanwhile put olive oil, lemon zest and juice in a bowl with salt and pepper and chopped chives.
- Drain the potatoes when soft (approx. 15 minutes)
- Whilst the potatoes are still hot put into the olive oil mixture and press and crush the potatoes with a fork until broken and mixed in.
- Cut broccoli into florets and place in a steamer over boiling water. (Only put on to cook when you turn over the salmon overwise you will over-cook it!)
- For the lemon mayonnaise, zest and juice half a lemon. Then chop dill, chives and flat parsley into a bowl, mix in some mayonnaise.
“Put all of this together and you have a light, fresh and healthy meal that looks beautiful and even makes you look professional!” – Mr Harvey, Head of Food Technology.