It was a delight to welcome Parents and Guests to the school yesterday evening to celebrate the achievements of the students involved in the Mini MBA programme over the last two years.
The night started with a brief introduction by Mr Dann before a wonderful talk by recent OB guest speaker, Olivia F, on the merits of the Mini MBA program post Bloxham.
Following Olivia’s talk, three Lower Sixth Form teams pitched their business proposals to a panel of experts in the realm of Business Management. After a lengthy research and development process, their business proposals focused on creating Apps that would address the topical, serious social issue of spiking, and would help improve the experience of those undertaking Gap Years.
Some of the issues they addressed included:
- Quantifying the market opportunity
- What is the targeting and value proposition?
- There are no new ideas (or are there?). How will they differentiate their offer?
- An understanding of the competitive environment
- How will they “monetarise” their App?
- How will the development, marketing and growth of their App be financed?
Congratulations to Team ‘Spike,’ for their engaging presentation and winning business proposal.
We also heard from last year’s cohort who reflected on their experiences in between the presentations, before collecting their awards at the end of the evening.
For photos of the presentation, Click Here.