All girls from First Form to Lower Sixth play netball throughout their time at Bloxham. The girls netball term falls in the Lent term each year and every girl has the opportunity to represent the school in competitive fixtures. Many Upper Sixth students continue to play in their final year of school, earning representative colours and awards.
In the Michaelmas term we run a netball club as part of the Broader Curriculum, with sessions suitable for everyone, whether you aim to simply improve your skills or need specific coaching to succeed in being selected for the 1st team. Talented players can take advantage of personalised gym programmes, morning sessions and targeted training.
Each January, during the holidays, we hold pre-season sessions to help prepare girls for the term ahead. Last year we teamed up with Oundle School and the girls had the privilege of being coached by Karen Greg from Manchester Thunder.
Bloxham's fixture calendar is varied and challenging, playing both local comprehensives and larger schools further a field. Many of our A teams accross the year groups participate in local and county tournaments, and this year we also played local club teams and the Oxon and Bucks County Academies.
An increasing number of girls now play in local junior and adult leagues, and are benefiting from the additional experience this brings. We are fortunate to be located near many of the new Franchise hubs, so there are plenty of opportunities for girls to be part of Wasps, Mavericks and Severn Stars locally.
We also offer our senior teams the opportunity to play netball internationally, with our next South Africa sports tour set for 2019, following the success of the 2016 trip. Similarly, our netball teams have benefitted from an array of brilliant trips closer to home, such as to watch Netball Europe, International fixtures and VNSL games in Bath and at Wasps. We have been fortunate to have been visited by many players and performance coaches, this year welcoming South African Captain and Wasps player Bongi Msomi, Josie Huckle, Sam May, Tamsin Greenway and Tracey Neville.
Head of Netball
Ms Lisa Manning
- Assistant Coach for Team South NPL (3 years)
- England Netball Coach for the Regional Academy and Regional Performance Academy in Loughborough (2014 to present)
- Scouting Expert for England Netball, delivering workshops of Scouting and Selection (2014 to present)
- Head Coach for Loughborough VNSL U19s and Assistant Coach for Loughborough U21s (2016-17)
- Coach for Mavericks VNSL in a Futures Academy and their U21 squad (present)
- Worked for UK Sport in Zambia with the National Team
- Worked in Canada preparing teams for their National Tournament
- Coach at various netball camps with companies such as Activate Sport, Academies of Sport, Visions in Education and Independent Coach Education